Hello, dear friends and family! This is Meredith. I am growing up fast, you know. Mom and Dad tell me every day how quickly I am growing and changing. Dad is continuously commenting on how much longer and more of my beautiful brown hair is growing with each passing day. Mom can't get over how quickly I am gaining control of my arms and hands and that just this week I have started really taking a liking to sucking my thumb. For the past 11 weeks they've been sticking these "paci" things in my mouth for soothing, but now, I can fairly consistently get my very own thumb to my mouth for the same purpose. And let me tell you something, I much prefer it to the paci that Mom and Dad have to find for me. Pretty soon I will have enough control that I get the thumb straight in every time instead of the very round-a-bout way that I am currently employing.
Just a little more about me and I'll let you go on about the business of trying to schedule a time to come and visit. (You know you want to.) I am really getting the hang of this "smile" thing and apparently it is super cute and exciting for everyone that may be watching. Dad is pretty sure that I am beginning to recognize the word "smile" as I seem to do so whenever he or Mom mentions it. (Mainly whenever Dad mentions it... I smile just to hear my Daddy's voice. I love my Daddy! I'm pretty sure I am a Daddy's girl tried and true.) Anyway, along those lines (smiles, that is), Mom is pretty sure she heard my first giggle yesterday; it was fairly brief and apparently I did not do it again although she begged and begged, tickled and tickled.
I'm a huge fan of bedtime baths and do the most talking, kicking and smiling during this wonderfully wet and fun time. If you need a reminder of just how fun and exciting the little things in life, like a warm bath with a rubber ducky, can be, just come on over to our house. You'll forget every worry you've ever had just watching me play.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! How is Meredith sleeping through the night? Did I see that she is in her crib now? We miss you guys. Love you.
Post a Comment